8 Stellar Storage Solutions
The secret to meeting your varied storage needs is to efficiently use every inch of available space. Your home may feel small and inadequate now, but there are intriguing ways to add storage capacity and functionality. Check out some ideas we’ve gleaned from recent projects.
1. Repurpose existing space. You may actually have ample floor space but the configuration is clunky and inefficient. This kitchen was large enough, but there was woefully little usable storage. The walled-off pantry was removed. Purpose-driven and beautiful Maple cabinetry was installed. The new pantry provides twice as much usable storage in the same kitchen footprint.
2. Pull-out Organizers. These versatile gems provide convenient storage in as little as 3” width. With careful planning, formerly wasted vertical space can provide a highly functional spice rack or canned goods pantry.
3. Say Goodbye to Soffits. You can substantially increase storage space by removing the ceiling-dropping soffits above kitchen cabinetry. New, taller cabinets add sophistication as well as functionality.
4. The Magic of Magic Corners. Are you tired of standing on your head to reach items in your land-locked corner cabinets? Now you can turn them into easily accessible storage. This ingenious bit of hardware allows you to pull out one shelf then slide it sideways to access another set of shelves. This truly makes the best use of your existing cabinet space.
5. Drawers, not doors. In former years, cabinet upgrades included slide-out shelves behind cabinet doors. Then designers recognized the redundancy of doors/slide-outs and began specifying just the drawers. Once you think about it, the drawer concept makes perfect sense. It is a win-win combining convenience and style.
6. Multi-function pantry. A walk-in pantry adjacent to your kitchen offers a multitude of options. Tuck away your microwave and small kitchen appliances. Store and easily access your dry goods without cluttering your kitchen. Store a step stool or broom in the corner. The possibilities are endless!
7. Utilize every nook and cranny. Niche cabinets inset into a wall provide display and storage space. This strategy nets storage without cutting into the floor plan.
8. Embrace alternate configurations. If stacking your washer and dryer can give you more storage space, why not try it? Thinking outside the box is always a good design practice. And sometimes the results are spectacular.
If you are ready to tackle your own home storage challenges, we are ready to help. Call us today for a free in-home consultation. Find out how to re-imagine your home and find storage solutions that work for you.
* * *
The designers, consultants, and craftsmen of C&R Remodeling create beautiful and highly functional kitchens, bathrooms, additions, decks, patio covers, and whole house remodels. Schedule your personal, in-home consultation by calling 503-363-1343 or by completing the “Contact Us” form.